The water and the ocean have a huge impact in our community and lives. In addition to the school’s educational program, we offer children and school-age children from the region a sports and development program. We want to inspire them with sports and movement and establish sport as a meaningful leisure activity in their lives.
In order to be accepted and receive a scholarship, attendance and growth as an individual at school are mandatory.
Facts from studies that examined the positive influence and development from children that do sports confirm:
- The probability that children who learn and enjoy being physically active in the early stages of life, will also enjoy sports and have a healthier life as an adult is high
- Voluntary and lasting physical activities, promote the development of new nerve cells and consequently the studying and memorization process
- Better coordination abilities positively influence cognitive- and fine motor skills
- Sports in an early stage of life help regulate movement, team and nutrition skills
- Sports help children have a stronger body – higher bone density, increased physical strength, stronger tendons, and ligaments
- Positive influence on weight and Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Coordination and a distinctive body consciousness help accident prevention
- Developed fine and gross motor skills are essential requirements for the development of intellectual, social and language abilities